Thu 30 Mar 2017
The Churchwardens of the Parish of St. Peter Port invite the Electors and Ratepayers thereof to meet at Les Cotils Christian Centre (Harry Bound Room), Les Cotils on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 7.30pm for the following business:
1) To pass the Tresor Account for 2016 before the Dean of Guernsey or his delegate.
2) To hear the Rector nominate his churchwarden
3) To decide whether they are in favour of voting the sum of £45,138.00 pounds to be levied by means of Owners Rate to meet the following expenses:
Ordinary Repairs to the Parish Church
Insurance of the Parish Church against fire
Half the cost of cleaning the Parish Church
Upkeep of the Parish Clock
Upkeep of the Parish Church Bells and remuneration of bell ringers on public occasions
Cost of publishing Publications
Less funds held at bank 31st Dec 2016
The Electors and Ratepayers of the Town and Parish of St. Peter Port are invited by the Constables and Douzaine to meet at Les Cotils Christian Centre (Harry Bound Room) Les Cotils on Wednesday 12th April 2017, at the conclusion of the meeting convened by the Churchwardens which commences at 7.30pm to transact the following business:
1) To decide whether they are in favour of voting the following amounts to be levied by means of Owner’s Rate for the current year:
Ordinary upkeep of the Parochial cemeteries
Extraordinary item - rebuilding of Candle Cemetery walls and drainage
Partially funded - from rents received
drawn from reserves
Cost of publishing Parochial Notices and parish magazine
Parochial Administration, viz: staff salaries and pension funds
Office expenses including printing, stationery, IT equipment, postage, accountancy, rent, legal and sundry other parochial expenses
Repairs and maintenance of the Constables’ Office building
Public needs to be approved by the Parish, viz: Upkeep of Cambridge Park, Plantations, Pumps, Street Furniture, Floral and Festoon lighting
Grants to Schools for the purchase of books
Cadastre Expenses (contribution to States Cadastre)
2) To approve that the said Owner’s Rate, together with that approved at the meeting convened by the Churchwardens shall be levied by applying the following relative factors to the TRP unit value of the Cadastre categories listed below
B1.1, B1.2, B2.1, B2.2, B3.1, B3.2, B4.2, B4.7
B1.5, B2.5, B4.8, B7.1, B9.1, B13.1, B13.2
B4.1, B4.3, B4.4, B4.5, B4.6, B5.1, B6.1, B6.2
L1.3, L1.5, L1.6, L1.7, L1.8, L1.10, L1.11, L1.12, L6.1
3) To decide whether they are in favour of voting the following amount to be levied upon property owners by means of Refuse Rate for the collection and disposal of household refuse for the current year in respect of Cadastre categories : B1.1, B1.2, B2.1, B2.2, B3.2, B4.2, £1,115,600.00
4) To discuss the merits of changing to one black sack collection per week instead of two, when the Waste Strategy is implemented.
5) To elect a Douzenier to complete the term of office until 31.12.18 of Mr J H Sarre.
The accounts of the Constables and Churchwardens are available for inspection at the Constables’ Office during office hours up to and including the 12th April 2017.
Parishioners are cordially invited to stay for refreshments after the meetings when there will be the opportunity to meet the Douzeniers for informal discussion.